Hello fellow bloggers

As you have all already heard, UVic has switched all classes from face-to-face to online. Some courses have decided to just post their lecture slides online, and some have taken it to the next level: Zoom.

Zoom is an interactive platform where students can see, hear, and engage with their fellow peers in the comfort of their own home. Students and teachers can share slides and even do presentations,  which is what my class did today. I noticed that there were practically no technical difficulties and everything went very smoothly. All we had to do to get on the chat was click on a link that our Professor provided, and we were all set to go! We could mute whenever we wanted, pause the camera whenever we wanted, and record our conversation. Overall, I think Zoom is an awesome outlet for online lecturing that all professors should use during this stressful time.

I experimented with the software called Twine. Twine is an interactive platform in which people can make non linear stories. I really enjoyed trying it out. The pre-class video and quiz helped prepare me to create my own story, in which I was very grateful as it made this experience a calm and fluid one.

See you next week,

LOBO