Hola Compañeros Bloggers!

As I sit and reflect on my Spanish learning journey, both negative and positive thoughts come to mind. Although learning a glimpse of the Spanish language was eye-opening and interesting, there were a few bumps on the road and things I wish I did differently.

First off, I think I under estimated how much work needs to be put in order to learn a new language. I think I went in thinking this would be easy considering I am bilingual in both English and French. Although being bilingual helped a little bit, it didn’t take away from the fact that learning a new language is very difficult and time consuming.

I also do not believe that Duolingo is a good platform to learn a language. Don’t get me wrong, this app is very well put together and is very helpful; however, I believe that Duolingo is better for somebody who is trying to practice a language they already once knew and are trying to regain their knowledge on the language. I do not think it is ideal for somebody that is trying to learn a new language from scratch. Although it did help me get the basics of the language, it is simply just not enough.

I do feel as though this free inquiry was very beneficial.  I now know how to introduce myself, hold a short (and slow) conversation,  and say a few facts about my schooling and family- which is something I never know how to do before. I just really feel that if you want to learn a new language it is extremely beneficial to either have someone teach it to you, or by going to a Spanish speaking country.

I think that the next time I get the opportunity to do a free inquiry, I would focus on something other than languages. Although I am very passionate about learning and languages, I just don’t think I find it realistic to learn a new language on my own.

Thank you so much for joining me on this learning journey. I truly enjoyed every step of the ride

See you next time

LOBO