Hola fellow bloggers!

This week, I decided to dive into the numerous different countries around the world that speak the Spanish language. I would love to travel around the world to countries that speak Spanish; there is no better way than learning a new language then to be 100% exposed to the language. Although it is kind of unrealistic to travel right now, I would love to travel after my degree; might as well start researching now!

Here are a list of countries where Spanish is the official language (retrieved from Wikipedia): Mexico, Columbia, Spain, Argentina, Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Guatemala, Cuba, Bolivia, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Paraguay, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama. Uruguay, and Equatorial Guinea.

Picture of beautiful Machu Picchu, Peru

That’s a lot of countries! I do have to keep in mind that there are some countries where Spanish is a minority language. For example, I remember travelling to San Diego and there were many Spanish speaking individuals; this is because san Diego is very close to the Mexican border.

I would love to travel to Spain, Peru, or Cuba. I  have already been to Mexico; I remember learning “un petito leche’ which is a saying I will always remember. This is way I deem travelling and submerging myself in a Spanish speaking culture is so important; I will learn things that Duolingo will simply never be able to teach me.  As I try to teach my Spanish to the next level, I need to consider planning my next trip to countries that mainly speak Spanish and to be honest, I am not complaining! These countries are rich in culture and have historical value I would love to learn about.

See you next week bloggers,

LOBO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_where_Spanish_is_an_official_language