Hola fellow bloggers!

After several weeks of constant engagement,  progression, and passion for the Spanish language, I feel as though I have hit a wall. I am at a point where I keep asking myself: “well, now what?”

I unfortunately lost my 32 day Duolingo streak. I went to bed early one night and completely forgot to do my daily practice. After this occurrence, I lost motivation to keep going and make a new streak. It felt as though I had to start from square one again which quite frankly, was very discouraging.

After watching shows in Netflix, practicing on Duolingo, and speaking in Spanish with Kaylyn, I am no longer sure what to do to improve my Spanish. I am trying to get my Duolingo streak up again (I am now at 2 days) but this simply does not feel like enough. Although this is discouraging, I have to understand that this is a normal challenge when it comes to learning. I know I am doing everything that I can to learn. With my busy schedule, there is only so much I can do. In an ideal world, I would take a Spanish class or course at Uvic or elsewhere but that is simply not an option right now!

I need to be more easy on myself. I know I am trying my best to learn and at the end of the day, that’s all that matters.

See you next week

LOBO