Hello fellow bloggers!

Today, I did something I never thought I would do in my University career: I played Minecraft for one of my classes.

At first, I had no idea how Minecraft could be used as an educational tool for both the teacher and the students. Practically every subject can have a lesson using Minecraft in order to make some of these concepts more concrete for the students. For every boomer that might say that Minecraft can be distracting; the teacher has control over everything happening on the students screens. If the students are getting too distracted, the teacher can freeze the students in order to get their attention. Teachers can add or take away anything, and can monitor what the students are doing on the software at all times.

I looked at a few lesson plans online that include Minecraft. My favourite one was a Gr. 3 math one, where the students would look at shapes in the Math Model Exhibition World. They would then make shapes out of those shapes, in order to get a better understanding of shapes. How cool is that?

This class has allowed me to have an appreciation for Minecraft that I never had before. I do not know if I will personally use it in the classroom but I am not closed to the idea!

See you next week!

LOBO