Hello!

So, for this song, my main goal is to have proper posture and hand positioning; meaning I have to have my Ukulele resting in my arms rather than on my lap and have my thumb  behind the fret bar. To say the least, this has been very difficult!

After Anita took the time to show me how to properly hold my Ukulele during one of our classes, I felt as though I was starting from point one all over again. I used to play with my Ukulele on my lap and had my thumb over the fret board, just like you would play a guitar. I got so used to this and playing the Ukulele started to feel natural. Now, I feel as though I have no idea how to play anymore. It feels like I went from driving an automatic car to driving a standard car! It is difficult to see the chords I am switching to with this new positioning. I still struggle with where the chords are and I need to be able to see them before switching. I realize that this will come with time and if I keep up the consistency of practicing every night before bed, sooner or later, I will be able to switch chords without looking at the fret board. The picture below shows how the proper way of holding the Ukulele: what I am striving to look like everyday! (Picture taken from WikiHow) I find that it helps practicing standing up, as I am forced to hold the Ukulele up and have proper posture. I will keep practicing standing up until holding it up comes naturally, then I can proceed to playing sitting down again.

Tune in next time to see my (hopefully) progress!

Laurence